Saturday 26 November 2011

Corona SDK development on a PC

If you had read my post on Mac development tools you will probably have a good idea of a way forward. For instance I went for TextMate with a really handy Corona Bundle to allow auto complete within the editor on my Mac.

I, like a lot of people, mix between Mac and PC. I have only been using a Mac for about two years and the rest of my career has been very much PC based. This is one of the beauties of Corona in that it can be installed and worked on on both devices. I tend to store my files on DropBox and switch between my machines therefore my work in progress is always to hand.

Unfortunately, TextMate isn't available for PC so instead I use Notepad++ and a very handy plugin which gives predictive autocomplete.

To setup the plugin obviously first install Notepad++ and download the plugin. Then just drop the file into: YOUR_NPP_DIR\plugins\APIs folder. If you haven't enabled auto complete in notepad, you can set those options in Settings>Preferences>Backup/Auto-Completion. Also make sure you have checked: Enable Auto-Completion on each input, function completion, and Function parameters hint on input. I had to restart Notepad++ for the changes to take effect.

However, once done you have a very handy and FREE Lua editor with Corona references.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;