Saturday 3 December 2011

Game Design: Mockups

I have a little bit of artistic skill but not one that I have ever really been able to transfer to the computer, very much a pencil and paint man. I have a notebook that I put all my ideas into when I have a spark of inspiration and once I have dealt with the kids or finished my day job I can refer to.

All this is great but what I have been looking for is something that I can chuck a few transitions onto, or maybe the menu layer or the supporting website.

A tool which I have been using a lot recently is Balsamiq's mockup for wireframing some ideas. Now there are probably hundreds of tools like this but I really like the quirky wireframe designs and the inclusion of iphone templates.

What Balsamiq say about mockups:

"Mockups is zenware, meaning that it will help you get “in the zone”, and stay there. Our aim is for you to forget our software is there at all.

Mockups offers the same speed and rough feel as sketching with a pencil, but with the advantage of the digital medium: enlarging containers is just a drag operation, rearranging elements doesn’t require starting over, and your wireframes will be clear enough that you’ll be able to make sense of them tomorrow.

Mockups should make work fun."


Mockups can be bought for $79.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;